The Alliance asks all participating leaders to sign the following Leadership Commitment, which lays out a set of principles for business leadership. Learn more about joining the Alliance, or contact us for more information.
We are a non-partisan alliance of CEOs, business leaders, entrepreneurs and investors committed to building an economy that supports long-term economic growth and prosperity for all. We believe to achieve this goal we must redefine and revitalize the role of business leadership in society.
Working through our businesses, with our peers, and with policy makers, we engage the ingenuity and entrepreneurial spirit of business to create lasting solutions to economic, social and environmental challenges. We believe business must be a full partner in the creation of a sustainable economy.
Our Principles and Perspective
We believe as business leaders we can have the most impact when we:
- Base management decisions on building value for the long term
- Engage and are accountable to all stakeholders
- Follow ethical and environmentally responsible practices
- Embrace environmental and social challenges as business opportunities
- Work with government and civil society to create public policy based on truth-seeking, science and rigorous analysis.
- Fiscal discipline, full development of human potential, and stewardship of natural resources are cornerstones of responsible public policy.
- Economic growth, economic development and social justice are mutually reinforcing.
- Sound regulatory policies are critical to contributing to fair, transparent and sustainable markets.
- Business innovation has a vital role in the creation of public policy that supports a sustainable economy.
A Commitment to Leadership
I support the Alliance’s principles and perspective and pledge to:
- Provide Leadership: Integrate and bring the Alliance’s principles and perspective to the companies I lead and work with, and engage with the Alliance in supporting and working with governments to create and deliver the solutions needed for a sustainable economy and society.
- Be Accountable: Build confidence in business leadership and the Alliance by communicating honestly and transparently with all stakeholders about the principles and business practices of the companies I lead and their impact and contribution to society.